Well, in my previous post, I wrote how I fared in 2007. I have not taken any resolutions this new year. I never took one before for any year. So, here are few little things I would like to do in 2008.
- Never edit a blog post after I publish it. I dont know how many readers of mine have subscribed to this blog using an RSS reader and sure they would hate me for updating my posts minutes after publishing them
- Exercise – I place no commitment on this one 😉 but just like to start exercising on fairly regular interval
- I would have to find more time and substance to post stuff here. I was doing a few reviews in 2007, but I think I should look at posting other things as well
- Contribute something to the Open Source community. I filed my first bug for the Evolution email client sometime last year and did nothing after that. I always thought I would do more when I get my laptop but sadly to this day I was not able to do so.
- Get better at work. Who doesn’t want to?
- Reduce my time spent online unproductively and engage in other activity
- Update my personal blog at least once in two days
Well, those are the things on my mind right now. And, there will be numerous moments when life throws a challenge at me. I would like to successfully overcome those with Integrity, grace and honour.
The year 2007 has been a great one personally for me for various reasons. Its never too late to look back. Well, the points seem to perfectly connect looking back.
A job switch – for good 🙂
Jan 2007 – I got into my new job. Though the process, had begun during the late months of 2006, it was in January 2007, that I stepped into my job
The new job brought a lot of great people together and in great variety from all parts of India. A few of them went on to become my best buddies. Some even as late as November. I have fought with one of them like I never did – shame. Things are fine now.
My first laptop
During the month of May, I got my first laptop. A Dell Inspiron 6400. It came with a Intel Core 2 Duo T5300 processor clocking 1.73 GHz, A GB of RAM, 120 GB HUD and guess what, Windows Vista Home Premium. Laptop rates have been going downhill ever since. No regrets though. I am dual booting Ubuntu 7.10 🙂
Three friends got married
Yes, THREE of them got married. All three to the people whom they wanted to marry. One went smooth. The other two had some minor issues that were sorted out before the event. Two more are still single, but well on their way to get married. That leaves me the last bachelor among our friends 😉
This has been a party year. Every month I earned the envy of my friends by sharing a photo album or two. Courtesy of my employer.